Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Short-Term Rental?
A Short-Term Rental, also known as a vacation rental, is a rental of legally-licensed dwelling unit for periods of less than 30 consecutive days. A Short-Term Rental License is required prior to advertising and renting your property.
Who needs to apply for a Short-Term Rental License?
Any owner, or agent, renting a property for a period of thirty (30) days or less is required to apply for a Short-Term Rental Permit. It is the owner(s)’ responsibility to know and comply with all ordinances, resolutions and regulations that apply to short term rentals within the City of Manzanita.
What if I do not obtain a Short-Term Rental License?
Renting or advertising your home for rent on a short term basis without a license is in violation of the City of Manzanita’s ordinances and subject to penalties as provided for in City Ordinance No. 15-01 which governs Civil Infractions and provides for penalties and enforcement.
What is the Transient Lodging Tax (TLT)?
This is an 8.55% tax on your gross short-term rents not already remitted by an intermediary. Hotels also pay this tax. This rent includes all consideration received for occupancy including all non-optional fees (other than taxes) such as booking/reservation fees; cleaning fees; pet charges; fees for extra vehicles, people or beds; etc.; and any amounts received from Transient Lodging Intermediaries.
When is the Transient Lodging Tax due?
Transient Lodging Tax payments are due no later than the last day of the month following the end of a quarter. This means tax is to be paid every April, July, October and January for the previous quarter. If there was no rental activity for the entire quarter, you are still required to submit the completed Transient Lodging Tax form.
How is penalty and interest calculated on late payments?
There are two possible penalties as well as monthly interest for late (delinquent) tax payments. They are defined as follows:
PENALTIES: Delinquent one month after close of the quarter a) If submitted and/or paid after the last day of month following the quarter, penalty is the greater of $100 or 10% of the tax due. Delinquent two months after close of the quarter b) If submitted and/or paid after the last day of the second month following the quarter, it is the greater of $150 or 15% of the tax due
INTEREST: 1% of taxes due per month or portion of month beginning the first day of delinquency
Do I also need to obtain a business license?
No. The STR License is all you need to begin advertising your rental and remitting taxes.
What is the cost of an STR License?
There is an annual fee of $250 as well as a one time application fee of $75. The $75 fee covers your first inspection and one immediate follow-up inspection if changes are required.
Does my short-term rental license apply to multiple properties?
No. You are only allowed to short-term rent one property in the City of Manzanita.
Do I have to display my license?
Yes. The STR License, visitor emergency information, tsunami evacuation map and inundation zone map must all be posted in a conspicuous place within the short-term rental unit at all times. The inundation map must be marked with your specific rental location and route to the nearest assembly area. Your STR License number must also be written in every online advertisement, such as your Airbnb or Vrbo listings.
Is the City working with Airbnb?
No. Airbnb does not collect or remit TLT to the City of Manzanita on behalf of property owners and/or authorized agents.
Is the City working with Vrbo?
Yes. Vrbo does collect and remit TLT to the City of Manzanita on behalf of property owners and/or authorized agents. However, this is not guaranteed to be happening, or happening correctly, for your rental. As such, it is your responsibility to keep track of all taxes remitted by Vrbo and ensure you are paying the correct amount.
How many people can stay in my short-term rental?
The maximum allowable overnight occupancy for each short term rental dwelling unit shall be calculated on the basis of two (2) persons per sleeping room plus an additional four (4) persons. For this purpose, a sleeping room is defined as fully-enclosed habitable space with a heat source and an emergency egress or rescue opening.
Can I pay by credit card?
We are able to take Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. There is a 3% credit card convenience fee at this time.
How do I amend a return?
Please e-mail letting us know you need to file an amended return. In the email please include:

1) What city the amendment is for along with your six digit license/account number, and owner name

2) Period you need to amend (i.e. Q1 2021 form due April 30th)

3) If you overpaid or underpaid your original form

4) Brief explanation as to why the form needs to be amended

Once we receive this email we will review your account and send you further instructions.

What types of assistance can MUNIRevs provide to me?
MUNIRevs can assist you with all your system and account questions. Whether you have a question about your account or technical questions about how to do something in MUNIRevs, please reach out to our support team. We can always reach out to the City on your behalf if we need their assistance with one of your questions. You can reach MUNIRevs at and by phone at (888) 751-1911.
Where are my tax forms? My Action Center is empty. 
Your tax forms will be available on the 1st day of the month following the last day of the tax period. For example, the Quarter 1 (January-March) 2019 tax forms will be available in your Action Center on April 1, 2019. If you do not see the forms you expected, simply contact MUNIRevs support for assistance.
Can I manage multiple properties with one login?
Yes - to do so, click Add accounts from your user login under Manage Your Account(s). You will need your 6 digit Account Number and the LODGINGRevs Activation Code to connect to an existing property record.
Can a property have more than one user?
Yes, each property can have an unlimited number of users. Each user is required to provide the 6 digit Account Number and the LODGINGRevs Activation code to be authorized to connect to an existing property record. 
I did not receive or I misplaced the letter with my activation code. What do I do?
Contact MUNIRevs or by phone at (888) 751-1911 for assistance. You will need to confirm account details to be verified for the account. To protect the security on property accounts, you will need written (e-mail) permission from a registered owner or officer of the property for us to provide you with a new activation code. 
Can I file a Zero File tax return through MUNIRevs?
To file a zero file tax form, select your tax form from your Action Center. Then, complete the required information on the remittance, including Gross Rents and any deductions. You will be prompted to confirm your desire to complete the return as a Zero File return.
What payment types are accepted by the City through MUNIRevs?
The City accepts ACH Debit, or e-check as well as the following major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard and Discover. 
Can I schedule a payment in MUNIRevs?
For your security, MUNIRevs does not store any payment information in the system. You will need to enter your desired payment information each time you check out. 
How do I change the User on a Property?
All users need to register, just as you did, by going to the home page for that jurisdiction (i.e. They will click on the "Go" button under "New Users". They will also need the 6 digit account number and Activation Code for the property.
I forgot my password. What do I do? 
From the Log In page, click the “Forgot your password” link and follow the instructions that will be e-mailed to the User’s registered e-mail address.
Do I have to login to MUNIRevs to see my alerts and reminders?
No. All alerts are e-mailed to your authenticated e-mail address. When you login to the system, you will also see any open alerts that need to be addressed in your Action Center. 

For Assistance, Contact 
MUNIRevs Support
(888) 751-1911

When contacting support, be sure to include the jurisdiction (Manzanita) and your account number in all emails or voicemails. This will help us assist you as promptly as possible. Thanks!